Do you have an account at Punjab National Bank? Now pay more for these banking services
The Punjab National Bank (PNB) has increased the fees for various services offered by the bank effective January 15, 2022. According to a notification from the official website of the PNB, the bank has increased the fees for not maintaining the minimum balance in the accounts too.
Here is a list of all bank charges recorded by PNB
1) The non-maintenance of the average quarterly balance threshold (QAB) in the metropolitan region has been raised to ₹10,000. Previously, the threshold limit was ₹5,000.
2) The quarterly fee for not maintaining the minimum balance has been increased to ₹400 in rural areas and ₹600 in urban and metropolitan areas.
3) PNB has also increased its locker rental fees in rural, semi-urban (SU), urban and metropolitan areas. Locker fees have been increased in urban areas by ₹500.
4) The number of free visits per year is reduced to 12; after, ₹100 per visit will be charged now. Previously, the number of locker visits per year was set at 15 free visits per year.
5) PNB will allow 3 free transactions per month thereafter ₹50/- per transaction would be charged (except via alternative channels such as BNA, ATM and CDM), which does not apply to Senior Citizen accounts.
6) GNP has also increased transaction fees on a savings account. Regardless of the base branch or not, the bank currently allows 5 free transactions per month thereafter ₹25/- per transaction is chargeable as a service fee (except through alternative channels such as BNA, ATM and CDM).
7) The bank has also lowered its cash deposit limit. The daily free deposit limit has been lowered to ₹1 lakh of existing ₹2 lakh and above ₹1 lakh 10 paise per piece would be charged from 15th January 2022 and applies to basic and non-basic branches.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now!!